SANTA MONICA, Calif., June 28, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — PatientPop, the market leader in practice growth technology, today released its third annual Patient Perspective survey report, which reveals the latest patient preferences and habits related to choosing a provider, receiving care, and communicating with a practice.
“With this fresh look at patient opinions and actions, practices can identify which adjustments they should make to better satisfy patients as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic,” said David McNeil, President and COO of PatientPop.
“Patients now expect easier access to doctors through a high level of digital convenience and communication, before and after appointments. Practices and providers that meet expectations while delivering quality in-person care are best positioned to have a thriving practice.”
Key findings from the survey report include:
- Most patients look online to find healthcare providers. Three of four people have searched online to find out about a doctor, a dentist, or medical care. Sixty-one percent do so either sometimes or often.
- Reviews are the most influential online resource for patients. When choosing a healthcare provider, 74 percent of patients find positive online reviews very or extremely important. Sixty-nine percent say they will not consider a healthcare provider with an average star rating lower than 4.0 out of 5.
- More than half of patients prefer a digital connection for five key interactions with practices. At least 51 percent of patients favor digital interactions when scheduling an appointment, filling out forms, asking a provider a question, paying a bill, and accessing health records.
- Patients prefer text messaging for appointment communications. Two-thirds of patients prefer text messages when receiving medical appointment reminders. Also, 59 percent would like text message reminders to book their next appointment.
- There has been a notable level of patient attrition at practices. More than one-third of patients say they have left a healthcare provider in the past two years. Eight of 10 say they did so because of a poor in-person experience, and/or lack of access and communication with their provider.
“Practices have more resources than ever to deliver an excellent patient experience before, during, and after their care,” says McNeil. “It’s now critical to tap into them.”
For a more detailed description of the PatientPop survey results, visit the PatientPop blog or download the full survey report. To learn more about how PatientPop is driving the healthcare industry’s practice growth category, visit patientpop.com.
PatientPop is the leader in practice growth, with the only all-in-one solution that empowers healthcare providers to improve every digital touchpoint of the patient journey. As experts in the healthcare technology space, PatientPop makes it easy for providers to promote their practice online, attract patients, and retain them for life.
With a commitment to continuous innovation, PatientPop helps practices attract more patients, manage their online reputation, modernize the patient experience, automate their front office, and integrate with the most widely used EMRs for a holistic approach to practice growth. For more information, visit patientpop.com.
PatientPop surveyed 881 people nationwide in May 2021 using the SurveyMonkey Audience program. Respondents were 55.9 percent female and 44.1 percent male, with a census-balanced distribution across four age segments, ages 18 and older.
Tribe Builder MediaKristen [email protected]
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/patientpop-third-annual-patient-perspective-survey-report-reveals-what-patients-want-in-2021-301320469.html